ASH is recruiting for a new Policy Officer, to support our policy and campaigns function.
Closing Date: 9th September 2018
Job Title: Policy Officer
Salary: £22,000 – £29,000
A full time Policy Officer is required for the public health charity Action on Smoking and Health (ASH).
Smoking is the largest preventable cause of death and disease in the UK and accounts for half the difference in life expectancy between the richest and poorest in society.
ASH’s work touches on a wide range of disciplines – including (among many others) film, advertising, retailing, tax, economics, law, politics, media, psychology, statistics, addiction and its treatment, and medical conditions from cot death to cancer. We do not therefore specify any particular academic background or training. Rather than having existing in-depth knowledge that you will rely on, you will be able to master a brief and get on top of any subject in sufficient depth to be an effective advocate.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- An understanding of how to generate public interest through communicating complex issues with clarity.
- An understanding of research techniques and the ability to interrogate research findings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate complicated messages authoritatively and clearly, to different audiences.
- Experience of maintaining good working relationships with contacts in organisations other than your own and ability to manage networks of organisations and individuals.
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities, manage projects effectively and identify and act on priorities
- Experience of working in an administrative and support role including setting up and managing administrative systems and databases.
Non-EU nationals must already have the right to work in UK.
Closing Date: 11.59pm 9th September
Interviews will be held on Friday 14 September at ASH’s office in London, with a start date as soon as possible.
Job description: Download here.
Please send a CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org